Nancy MacConnachie, Ph.D. Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Dr. Nancy MacConnachie specializes in working with children, adolescents and adults experiencing anxiety-related or depressive symptoms. Working from a unique perspective grounded in the neurobiological basis of emotions, Dr. MacConnachie works with her clients to develop effective coping strategies to calm the overwhelming negative affects and establish appropriate problem-solving techniques.
She received her doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Virginia in 1988 and completed her Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychology at Virginia Treatment Center for Children in 1989. Along with her private practice at The Westwood Group, Dr. MacConnachie has been an adjunct faculty member in the Department of Family Practice at the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine since 1992 and works with Family Practice Residents in their Behavioral Medicine Curriculum.
Dr. MacConnachie provided consultation to the Discovery School of Virginia, an alternative, wilderness-based treatment program in Buckingham County. She is also a Board Member of the Tomkin’s Institute: Applied Studies in Motivation Emotion and Cognition.
- Working with children, adolescents and adults experiencing anxiety-related or depressive symptoms
- Interventions based on the neurobiological basis of the emotional system
- Effective coping strategies for dealing with negative emotions
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from University of Virginia
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, Department of Family Medicine, VCU Health Systems
- Board Member – Tomkin’s Institute: Applied Studies in Motivation Emotion and Cognition
- Consultant – Discovery School for Virginia
Pronouns: She, Her, Hers
(804) 264-0966, Ext. 48
- Office Hours:
Contact Dr. MacConnachie for office hours